Have you ever heard the term crowdfunding or crowdsourcing and wondered what it actually is or how it works? Maybe you’re wondering if it’s right for you or your product, idea, business or charity? Or are you familiar with the concept but curious as to how it actually works or how to best set it up for success?
In this episode the wonderful Jes Bailey from Crowdfund 360 joins me to answer these questions and so much more. Jes is talking to us live from somewhere in France whilst working and driving down to Spain – talk about a Laptop Nomad, right?!
She knows that Crowdfunding is not magic, it is a science and an art and she wants to share this recipe for success with startups, social entrepreneurs and charities to enable more amazing people to bring their projects to life. We’ll be sharing as much as that as possible right here on this episode.
- (5:15) Living the Laptop Nomad lifestyle.
- (7:09) The importance of building a business you love.
- (7:46) 12 countries in 12 months.
- (9:01) What is crowdfunding?
- (12:00) How to gather pledges.
- (15:30) How an ethical meat campaign raised £877,000.
- (21:15) The best time to launch a campaign.
- (28:43) The importance of subject lines.
Welcome to Jes Bailey!
Jes Bailey is founder of Crowdfund 360 an award winning crowdfunding agency with an 83% success rate. Working independently of crowdfunding platforms she has helped 50 organisations from charities, social enterprises and for profit businesses raise over £2.2 million. She is passionate about enabling anyone who wants to benefit society to do so without a lack of funding holding them back.